Problems with videos on my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorpian

In Runtime
Hi people. I got a little problem with my PC.
In videos, which worked perfectly before, the videos pause for a sec then like fast forwards ( not skip frames, it's just you clicked the >> button to make things move faster ), this keeps on happening and it's really annoying.
Any ideas? Thanks.

what player do you use? I'd suggest VLC if you're not already using it.
If that doesn't help then check for updates on your vid card driver

I'm using K-Lite mega codec pack. I used VLC on my laptop before, but it was very bad at playing rmvb files ( most of my videos are that format, which is the format in which the mega codec pack lag at, other video formats work fine, at least as far as I've tried ).
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look for updates even though I don't believe an update will work as those videos worked fine before and I don't think there's been any change in the PC causing the lag of videos.

rmvb is probably best run through Real Alternative because they are the ones who use that file format for there videos. Depending on how many videos you have I would suggest converting them to something a little more common like AVI, or that you download the Real Alternative software it's free, the only downside is that it's probably not the best for other formats so you would have to switch between players depending on the file type. This may be a trial but you'll atleast be able to see if this works better for your files. Real Alternative 2.0.0 Beta / 1.9.0 Free Download - Free Real Alternative Download, Real Alternative Play RealMedia files without having to install RealPlayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom