Problems uninstalling cd-rom - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2007, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Problems uninstalling cd-rom

So i've been having problems with my cd rom drive. I want to take it out of it's slot. But when i unplug the ribbon and the power cord from it, the hard drive is no longer recognized in the boot load section so I can't boot the pc.

When i try to switch the cd rom drive with an extra working cd rom drive, it does the exact same thing. I don't really need the extra cd rom drive, i just don't want my current one in, it's causing too many problems.

How can i take out the cd rom drive without any problems. The cd rom i want to take out is the slave, so i'm really clueless here.

I'm not sure if a dxdiag report will help at all.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Problems uninstalling cd-rom

not sure i get the picture here jahgro..have you got the hard drive and cd on the same channel as master/slave? don't you have two ide connections on the motherboard? keep them separate. also, sometimes there is a configuration on some hard drives for "master with slave present" i seem to remember...more details on setup please
Closed Thread

Posting Rules