Problems still continue, returned, Windows Vista cannot install correctly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
ok, so i was installing Windows Vista Ultimate again, during the 'Complete Installation' process, the loading bar doesnt move at all. I reset n reset, get multiple errors. The same errors from 5 or so months ago:

File: PCIIDEX.SYS

Info: Windows failed to load because a required file is missing, or corrupt.

interesting i get a new one during reinstallation:

Setup.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x7708180c referenced memory at 0xffffffff. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

after every reset or so, i do get error codes 0xc0000005 and 0x0000007F. I am now strongly believing that it's my CPU that has been affected from the damage of some viruses i let in 6 months ago. Dont ask why, i just did thx to trying to update my sound card. I will talk with Microsoft Tech Support again to get Vista installed properly n see if the 'such n such is Not Responding' messege comes up again (basically, everything before was quitting out of itself, including the Windows Sidebar, Windows Explorer, etc i mean literally everything!).

right now i formatted my HDD, installing Vista, n this time im not even going to touch it n see what happens.

i appreciate any help from tech-forums.

EDIT:

made a new thread to show the exact problems i just found using System Information and Device Manager.

A virus wouldnt affect your CPU like that. Sorry to say. Is this a legit Vista DVD? Have you tried to format the drive with GParted first then install Vista?

Vista only has a quick format so if there is a bad sector or something on the drive a Vista format will not get rid of it. Use a 3rd party tool to format then try again.

A virus wouldnt affect your CPU like that. Sorry to say. Is this a legit Vista DVD? Have you tried to format the drive with GParted first then install Vista?

Vista only has a quick format so if there is a bad sector or something on the drive a Vista format will not get rid of it. Use a 3rd party tool to format then try again.

It's legit. I have not successfully gotten GParted to work.

UPDATE:

well well, i just let the computer go n now im at the 'Set Up Windows' screen. Hang on Mak. I'm making my acc name now!

If you cant use GParted then use something like a Ubuntu LiveCD or something. To me it sounds like this issue.

I hope that everything goes okay.

If you cant use GParted then use something like a Ubuntu LiveCD or something. To me it sounds like this issue.

I hope that everything goes okay.

ok so im updating Vista now. 62 updates jeez. I think what wrong was i wasnt letting the installation process continue n that is what was screwing things up.

so far, nothing is quitting out of itself, what a relief! I'll update as soon as i find a problem and/or update on the progress.

are you positive your system is 100% stable? Vista installation is a little less OC forgiving than XP

it's OCed to what my sig says. Everything so far is stable right now, 16% of 62 updates completed. So far so good Gurusan. I'm just so glad that the '........Not Responding' thing isnt happening!!! I'm so happy now!

o great. The '......Not Responding' message is appearing n i was halfway done downloading the updates. Weird thing is that that message didnt start appearing until after i was installing the updates. I then got a BSOD showing error 0x000000A? Let's see what happens when i try getting back in my profile.

UPDATE:

ok so i get to the log in screen. I log in n i get an automatic BSOD really fast. Now im logged in on Safe Mode with networking. Let's what i can do now.

UPDATE 2:

ok so it says i got an unexpected shut down. No '......Not Responding' messages yet while in Safe Mode. What im doing now is downloading the latest 8.8 Catalyst Software. I'm also gonna install my Kaspersky Internet Security Version 7.0 on too. The drivers for my sound card will be the last thing i will download.

ok so i cant install any software lol. Let's see. I'm gonna restart the computer now manually n see what happens.

run memtest86. your ballistix could be going.

memtest86? Beforehand, i already did 3 different memory diagnostic tests n no problems. Right now, Windows Aero isnt working n the message says 'You may be a victim of software counterfeiting'. Wtf? Im online now trying to get a validation, which seems to work now. I'm installing Kaspersky.......now.

actually im shutting down to install the updates, forgot to do that. Installing update ## out of 62 ..

UPDATE:

ok so all updates have been installed. Now it's saying 'Configuring updates...', and now i just got a BSOD!? Restarting again. Starting Windows normally. Ok Windows Vista logo, Configuring Updates..., black screen with cursor.........stalling a bit. Black screen n restarting? Windows Vista logo again. Ok cool, now it's back to the log in screen. Logging in and installing Kaspersky.

UPDATE 2:

ok so the message about me being a victim of counterfeiting, this copy of Windows is not genuine is up again, trying to fix. 'Windows Explorer has stoping working' message shows up sometimes. Trying to fix problems.

UPDATE 3:

'Windows Explorer has stopped working...' omg it keeps on showing up! I'm trying to get the latest updates! Another BSOD while trying to update. Error 0x0000008E. 'You may be a victim of counterfeiting', wtf didnt i just activate n fixed this problem already?? Another BSOD while trying to update, Error 0x000000F4.

UPDATE 4:

ok so it keeps saying 'Windows Explorer has stopped working...', 'You may be a victim of counterfeiting', im installing Kaspersky, and i need to shut down to install more updates. Several other things stop working too.

i think i found out why my computer says that my copy of Windows isnt genuine. It's probably because my mobo that i got back was updated to BIOS v1.5 n previously Windows Vista recognizes v1.3. I'm gonna revert back to v1.3 to fix this problem n then go to v1.5.

however, the problem with everything quiting out of itself (........has stopped working, ......is restarting) is still going on constantly! I dont know what to do now. All MSI did was update my mobo to the latest BIOS, that's it.

UPDATE:

i just found out exactly what the problem is.

i went to system information, typed in as some of the errors n this is what i found:

0x000000A0-0x000000A1------ programmable interrupt controller

0x0000008F-0x0000008F------ direct memory access controller

0x00000c50-0x00000c51------ motherboard resources

0x00000072-0x0000007F------ motherboard resources

however, the status of all of them say OK. Strange. This is the closet i can get to what the actual problem is. What does this tell u people?

Stop Error 0X000000A0:

You receive a Stop error message after you install update 932755 or 941276 on an HP ProLiant server that is running Storport in Windows Server 2003

Update can cause this in some machines.

Stop Error 0X0000008F:

Troubleshooting Stop error messages that may occur when you try to install Windows Vista

how to troubleshoot and fix this error when installing Windows Vista.

After looking at that 2nd link it contains almost all the stop error codes you are recieving and the fixes for them. Good Luck!

Stop Error 0X000000A0:

You receive a Stop error message after you install update 932755 or 941276 on an HP ProLiant server that is running Storport in Windows Server 2003

Update can cause this in some machines.

Stop Error 0X0000008F:

Troubleshooting Stop error messages that may occur when you try to install Windows Vista

how to troubleshoot and fix this error when installing Windows Vista.

After looking at that 2nd link it contains almost all the stop error codes you are recieving and the fixes for them. Good Luck!

NICE! I'm gonna try to fix them right away! Thank u so much for ur help Mak, i truly appreciate the effort! U can close the new thread i made. I'll let u know what happens and if any of these methods work.

EDIT:

another error that occurs a lot is 0x00000F4. I'm looking through these articles for a proper solution:

Search The Knowledge Base

I'm actually going to sleep and try to fix these errors tomorrow evening, around 5-6pm.

EDIT 2:

just reading this in one of those links:

The computer is operating under high I/O activity for an extended time.

i think my computer is doing this, what are my options to resolve this?

and what is FDISK /MBR command?
Using FDISK /MBR for Troubleshooting Windows NT Boot Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom