problems starting windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmartin3099

Beta member
Hi I have build a computer and have got 95% of it done but I am now stuck. I have an asus 775 socet motherboard and can't work out how to connect up the cd rom and hard drive. In the manual it says that the blue connecter is the Primary IDE connecter and that the red connecter is for the ITE IDE connector. I tryed connecting the hard drive to the blue connecter and the cd rom to the red one but then the computer only reconises the hard drive and not the CD rom. If i do it the other way round it only reconises the cd rom and not the hard drive. In both cases it boots up untill I get the error message were it asks me how I want to start windows, you know were it says "start windows normally or Safe mode or........ Then nomatter what option i choose it just restarts. Now I'm stuck as I cant reinstall windows as I cant run the hard drive and the CD rom at the same time.
DSC00214.jpg

Just out of curiosity, have you checked the jumper configuration on the HDD? You may just need to move the jumper over or something. Have you made any changes to the bios since you've had the mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom