Problems Setting Up XP and Server 2003 with RAID Nvidia Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
I have built and rebuilt around 5 or 6 machines all with Intel Southbridge Chipsets, so creating a RAID Arrary with Nvidia Soutbridge Chipsets is new and frustrating because everytime I try different drivers I get a message saying "Setup cannot find any hard drives to install operating system to blah blah blah." The BIOS sees the drives so they're there. It has to be the Nvidia NForce RAID drivers that are the problem. I have this problem with both a Server 2003 machine I'm trying to tinker with and an XP machine that I'm reformating and reinstalling for my uncle to have.

The Server 2003 Motherboard is : ASUS A7N8X

The XP Motherboard is: ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

nForce 4 NF4 RAID solution (install windows with nforce 4 RAID drivers) - Icrontic Forums

That was given to me in another Forum for help but didn't do the job. Anyone have any idea which drivers each Motherboard is supposed to have? I'm stumped and need to get the XP machine going soon. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

P.S. I'm only 17 and a techy learning things where I can so the simpler the instructions the better xD

Couldn't you just get a RAID controller card? I did that on my Atom 330 ITX board for a time. Until one drive failed.

I'm sorry I forgot to meniton that I have RAID controller cards in both computers. Both controllers are FastTrak TX4200s I believe.

If your using a FastTrak controller you have to use the drivers for it, not the drivers for NV Raid.

Alright I think I found what I needed from that site, thanks very much. But where do I install it at? The F6 blue screen? I need drivers ready so the operating system can see where to install to. Is that the place to do it?

Nevermind I got the installation going great until I came down after the Formating was done to find an error message saying: Windows cannot find ftsata2.cat file. Any idea how to fix this?

I'm booting from a WinXP disc and the disc is reading so it's not that. After installing the necessary FastTrak drivers was I supposed to follow up on adding the Nvidia Drivers with it?

Sounds like you might need to try reinstalling the FastTrak drivers. Maybe re-download them as well, don't use the old dl just in case the driver was corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom