Problems with RAID Level 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LorrySant

Solid State Member
Hi not sure if I am posting in the correct board but here goes.

The P.C. I am working on is a HP xw4600 Workstation here are some basic specs:
Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz
1gb DDR2 Ram
2x 160gb Sata Hdd (Running as Raid 1)
Operating system - XP Service Pack 3
Graphics - PNY Geforce 7300 CS

This is a client P.C so it is setup with a very restrictive profile (local) now the problem is every now and then the P.C loses one of the Hard drives in the Raid array and needs to verify and repair which it does and everything is fine again.

At first I thought it may have been a faulty Hdd but I swapped both of them out and am still having the same problem randomly.

Tried changing the memory, graphics card and Sata cables but still the same problem.

I contacted HP as a last resort but they just suggested using the diagnostic disk provided with the PC which I did and it didn't find any errors.

Has anyone had a similar problem or any more ideas on what I can try.

Cheers,

Lorry

Thanks kmote its a onboard controller so I am not to sure how to test it and haven't been able to find any testing software on the HP website and I am going to try look for some intel testing software I just haven't had the time to look.
I am thinking it may be the PSU as I was trying to boot up some diagnostic software and it seem that the cd-rom wasn't getting any power but I have not been able to replicate it again so I am unsure if it was that.
Could a PSU on its way out cause a Hdd to not load up with the raid hardware and then power it once in windows, so the raid software picks it up as a new drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom