Problems with optical drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShortThrow

Baseband Member
I tried searching for this but didn't find anything.

Okay here's whats going on.

Last night I go to my iTunes to burn a cd and click the "burn mp3 cd" button. Once I do that, up in the message screen it reads "CD burner or software missing"

Now I'm like WTF is going on, I just burned a cd a week ago.
I then search online for possible iTunes errors and come to think that it may be the fault of the latest iTunes version not being compatible with my drive; so I uninstall and rollback to iTunes 6.

When I opened iTunes six I got an error message that read similar to the one before but this time mentioned some garbage about the registry files for by drive missing and that it may be caused by the intallation of other burning software. Again I'm thinking WTF I haven't installed anything new in a long time.

Next I updated the firmware on my drive to make sure that was up to speed. I then uninstalled iTunes 6 and reinstalled iTunes 7 only to experience the same problem. The funny thing is within iTunes 7 when I go edit>preferences>burning is shows that my drive is recognized but I still have the same problem.

Come to think of it, my drive isn't even listed in "My Computer".

Any advice is greatly appreciate as this is very disappointing.

Once again I post without trying all available options! lol

Turns out my registry was screwed up so I just deleted a couple things as instructed by MS and everything cleared right up.

Still very odd, though.

Here's the solution link for future searchers

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320553

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom