Problems with NVIDIA Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subject2Change

Beta member
Well I have 2 weird problems, I am now using the latest NVIDIA Drivers that were released on 10/20/05 but my problems still persist. First problem is with video files the last 4 NVIDIA driver updates have caused my DVD Player, TV Tuner, BSPlayer and anything else that plays videos to instantly spurt up to 99% Usage and cause my system to run terrible but this I believe fixed or somewhat helped my other problem which is in gaming, "newer" games like F.E.A.R, Day of Defeat: Source and Quake4 all LOCK up (forcing to hardboot) or have the screen go black after a few minutes of playing fine.

My specs:
Windows XP Pro SP1
AMD 64 3000+ (Socket 754)
Chaintech VNF3-250 Motherboard
Chaintech 6600gt 128mb AGP Videocard (Latest NVIDIA Drivers)
1gig of Crucial ValueRAM (3-3-8-3)
A 40 & 80gb MAXTOR 7200RPM IDE HD (8mb Cache)
A 250gb MAXTOR 7200RPM SATA HD (8mb Cache)
A 320gb Western Digital 7200mb SATA HD (16mb Cache)
Sound Blaster Live Value Soundcard
Antec Trueblue 480w PowerSupply Unit

What I am looking for is either a fix or some ideas on a fix or a good third party or unoffical driver that I can try out that is up to date and not very old. Thanks.

you could try to completely uninstall the nvidia drivers and then reinstall them, or to reinstall the programs that are messing up...
or even go back to the last working drivers, that wouldn't hurt anything...

Originally had an FX5200 256mb and then switched to a 6600gt, I have formated since then. I have switched drivers many times and removed them completely, but I have different problems with different drivers.

Like I said latest drivers I can't watch Videos but I can play games smoothly with no lock ups or crashing, with old drivers I can watch videos but can't play games smoothly and have lock ups and other problems.

Yes, I have removed the drivers, rebooted, and reinstalled. With different drivers, the original drivers and 3rd party drivers.

-edit- Updated Chipset drivers and problem was fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom