Problems with newly installed Radeon 9550

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do i find out my voltages? you mean for each individual componant? my motherboard supports fastwrite and X8 AGP speeds. I think that is not a problem.

well, i have a p.o.s. dell 4550 and a p.o.s. ati radeon 9550 (hmm...both 550's) and i have never had any problem.

of course i take good care of my p.o.s. computer as far as viruses, spyware, installations, etc.

so its not all of the ati radeons....

actually, i've never had any problem with my dell. i've had it for 4 years now and only reformatted once. stuck 2 different kinds of 512 ram sticks and a new video card in it. runs like a champ.

i did have lightning run in on my cable modem and ruin my onboard ethernet...(which started a masochistic romp through dell's phone support of horror....that's dell's biggest problem).

so is it my power supply do you think ? what voltage should i be running on. I did a few tests on my CPU and RAM and they came out with 0 errors on either but i have no way of testing my GPU for errors.

Hey Barb To go into your bios when you boot up hit either f1 or del key and it should bring you to your bios screen.then depending on your bios it will have a heading called Intregrated Peripherals scroll down to that option and hit enter. it will bring up a list of onboard items.You will see a option to enable or disable your video. Be careful in your bios not to change anything else. after you disable the video if it isnt already then hit f10 and to save and exit.

Justinone if you have a 230 power supply you need a new one.That voltage dosnt work on newer computers very well any more.You need at least 350 watt.

ah darn, can anybody tell me the best thing to do for going about buying a new power supply? and how much will it cost ruffely>?

I would get at least a 450 Watt power supply. You can just go to your local computer store and tell them what you have in your box and they will set you up. I usually buy antec or some other good brand name. You might have to pay $10.00 more but its worth it. Shouldn't be more that $40.00. I'm not sure that this is your only problem but it can be. And you need get a better power supply anyway regardless.

I agree get a new power supply. But Radeon's are very picky when it comes to drivers. You must remove all ati (or other video card drivers, like your intel extreme drivers) programs from the add/remove programs list then run a FREE DRIVER CLEANER to remove all the other junk that is left behind.
Then install the Chipset Drivers, from the sounds of it you have a via chipset, So you should install the latest via chipset drivers
Then install all the drivers/software for radeon cards (must have .net frameworks first) from ATI.COM

And its very confusing when someone hijack's a thread with their own question. Why not start your own justinone

thanks alot guys and sorry, but the guy had almost identical problem to me, i thought it would be pointless making a new thread. ok so are you sure a 450w wont blow my pc up or anything lol? shall i get a computer man to fit my PSU?

Hey Flashdude, i tryed that driver cleaner program and thanks alot man, i noticed an improvment in my lag and its getting smaller and smaller. i guess the only thing i need now is a new PSU. Thanks for all your help guys. Appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom