Problems with newly built PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseMCeee

Solid State Member
I recently rebuilt my pc. The mobo is ABIT KU8 754 socket with AMD 64 3700+ processor.

Well the first thing is that the Zalman fan for some reason was shutting off when the fan controller would turn off if it was any higher than 1/4th up. I took the controller completly off and just connected the fan to the mobo only. It goes fast at first but then when the pc and OS starts up it slows down and the Blue LED lights dimm really low. I have no idea what this is.

Second, sometimes when I boot up the pc it would say that the cpu temp is lik 76 degress celcius which has to be bogus. Then I will restart it and it will then show up normal like at 28 degrees. ????

Its likely due to some setting in BIOS that is throttling the fan speed down to keep things quiet. I had a similar problem with my CPU fan shutting off, later in the startup of my computer. It kept a good temperature, but I didnt like my CPU fan not running all the time.

As for the funny temps, update your monitoring software, and that should fix it. If that doesnt do it, update/flash your BIOS, and that should do it:D

Well I know the Power supply can control the system fans if you connect them to the Fan Only power connectors but the CPU is only connected to the mobo. I'll take another look at the bios then.

Also did you get a chance to look into the Folder thing for the other thread??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom