Problems with new RAM sticks in two different motherboards. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Old 01-28-2014, 09:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Problems with new RAM sticks in two different motherboards.

Hi all,

I'm having 2 problems with 2 different motherboards and the new memory sticks I got for them.
In both cases the old memory stick was fine, but I wanted to get new, faster ones, and also get two sticks for dual channel memory for each motherboard.

1) DFI LanParty BI G41-T33B:
When I replace the old stick with the new ones the screen would stay black.
No Bipping sound from the motherboards, like it makes when it can't recognize/support a certiain memory stick. everything seems to be fine EXCEPT the screen would stay dark.

I tried placing just one of the sticks or the other but nothing helped and the problem remains:
with the old stick - everything is fine, new stick(s) - screen is black.

I replaced the old stick with two news. but only 2GB are rcognized. I checked the BIOS(it's not a windows issue, only 2GB are recognized in the BIOS). and in one of the BIOS Setup pages it says something like:"Installed Memory size: 2048 Usable Size: 2048" I'm not sure if it means there's room for 2GB more or that I filled the max capacity... I checked the motherboard model in asus' website and also the CPU-Z report and the capacity should be 4GB as far as I can tell.

Thx in advance, ZBBZ.
zoobooboozoo is offline   Reply With Quote