Problems with new MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

sPlAtOiD

Fully Optimized
I'm putting together a ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard with dual video cards 150 GIG or ram and I've been trying all day to get this d*** raid configured. Ive got everything in the bios right but when I go into the raid utility and set it up the option to set the boot disk is grayed out no matter what I do. So tonight out of frustration I decided to put a 4 gig hard drive in on the IDE. So it gets as far as setup is starting windows and freezes. So Something isn't letting me boot. Any Ideas.
Im trying to raid 2 150 gig WD hard drives. With the SATA interface.

Dang

Well I found out part of the problem. This is something I've ran into on the two 64 bit boards Ive built. Its the **** RAM. I have to take it all out except for one stick to get a boot. Then after its installed I can put it back in. What a pain in the ARS. So I leave my raid hooked up and start the install with this old 2 gig hard drive. And when it prompts me to format and setup i point it to the raid drive. I'll let you know how it works out if it does. I think I'm bald on one side of my head from pulling my hair.

I JUST LOVE COMPUTERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom