problems with new build(need response ASAP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
ok system specs:

q6600 (stock cooling for now)
2gb crucial ballistix
620hx
p5k mobo
9600gt

I got it all build yesterday, went into the bio and switched boot priority to the cd drive and put a windows hom cd in and was going threw the checks (the drive had stuff on it still so i formatted it threw here) at the end of the format it said the formate had not competed because the patition was damaged. I did it again but with a quick format and it said the same thing, so then i just deleted the entire partition and made a new one...tryed to install but it said the partition was damaged again. Then i was going to try it one more time and now it says it can't even access the disk. what the **** is going on, do i need a new hdd or what?

ok, the disc is good, i tryed different slots for the ram but i'll try with only one, and i only have one optical drive in. be back in like twenty mins. BYUt wy would that affect my hdd working properly?

Sometimes there can be conflict or defects in the connections or cables that cause random errors, either way, have to try something.

In the end it is likely the harddrive at fault.

ok, i tryed that and before i even got to the select the partition to install the os screen i got a bsod, here's what i wrote down from it:

Page_fault_in_nonepaged_area

*** Stop: 0x00000050 (0xf7ab94ab, 0x00000000, 0xf7ab94ab, 0x00000000

Should i try the other stick of ram only in?

ok i tryed the there stick and it didn't work again. It didn't bsod ths time though it just couldn't acces the hdd again.

So would you say that i need a new hdd then? Because if so i'll just order one right now. I wanted a new one anyway because this one is about three years old.

ok, thanks.

funny thing is, im not going to be able to order the new hdd for about 4-5 days, so i have a 1200 gaming comp sitting here that i can't use...

PS. i got my old comp working...it must have had bad grounding or something outside of a case, put it in a case i picked up from a friend and just had to go back to a system restore point and re-activate the os.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom