Problems...need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

magezzz

Baseband Member
Problem started 2 days ago playing f.e.a.r. 2 hours in, the game was running at the same fps and no artifacts or anything, but suddenly started freezing for a millisecond at every 1 second interval, stuttering the game play as well as the sound. I went to desktop immediately, waited 1 min, then restarted.

2nd case. This morning, turning my pc on, it stopped at "Boot CD/DVD" or something like that, left it for 5 min, was still there, restarted, and no problems.

3rd case. About 20 min ago, I was simply watching a video on youtube and the stuttering video/sound started again, again at every 1 second interval. I went to desktop, ctrl+atl+del to see my cpu at about 13%, nothing unusual, and the comp restarted on it's own...

Now I am clueless as to why this is happening, I have not made any driver changes for 2 weeks, nothing really I can precicily point my finger to, which is why I'm here asking for help to figure out the source of this problem.

This rig has non overclocked gpu, cpu at 3.2ghz, about 2 months old.

Go to the microsoft website, download WINDBG, download a symbol's package with it. It will point out exactly what is causing your error. It sounds like a driver problem to me, but too vague to point it out.

When you boot up again, do you get that message saying "Window's has recovered from a serious error"? If you do, that should tell you exactly what is causing the problem.

If not, use the WINDBG and make sure you set your memory dump to Kernel memory dump.

(Right click My computer>Properties. Advanced Tab> Startup and Recovery>Settings. Write Debugging information. Also, make sure the automatically restart box is unchecked so you can get the stop message, error codes and memory addresses.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom