Problems with my new Graphics Card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pie Head

Baseband Member
Well, I finally got a new graphics card (Radeon x850 pro) to replace my fried Radeon 9800 pro...But when I tried install my new card it wont work, I have tried everything I can think of!

The windows XP boot screen comes up and then when it is sapposed to load windows the screen just stays blank. Not really sure what to do, any ideas!?...

See if you can boot into Safe mode then Run Driver Cleaner Pro.
Free Program just google it.
If you can't get into safe mode try a Last Known Good Configuration.
And if that doesn't work then A windows Repair.

Ste said:
See if you can boot into Safe mode then Run Driver Cleaner Pro.
Free Program just google it.
If you can't get into safe mode try a Last Known Good Configuration.
And if that doesn't work then A windows Repair.

Yeah, it wont let me boot in safe mode. The only way I could get it to work again was to select the "Last Known Good Config" thing...

Now that you got in, Download and run Driver Cleaner pro, Follow the Instructions it provides. Basically after it runs, itll clean and delete all the old drivers for the old card you then restart and Install the new Drivers.

Ste said:
Now that you got in, Download and run Driver Cleaner pro, Follow the Instructions it provides. Basically after it runs, itll clean and delete all the old drivers for the old card you then restart and Install the new Drivers.

The problem is I have to have the old graphics card in and use the Last Known Config otherwise it doesnt work...

Thats fine, Run driver cleaner pro anways, after its done, turn off PC, remove old card, put new one in, Turn on PC. You SHOULD be able to get in, windows will just use a generic driver until you provide one. If you cannot get in run a repair.
If you do boot up successfully install the new driver.

Ste said:
Thats fine, Run driver cleaner pro anways, after its done, turn off PC, remove old card, put new one in, Turn on PC. You SHOULD be able to get in, windows will just use a generic driver until you provide one. If you cannot get in run a repair.
If you do boot up successfully install the new driver.

Alright do I have to put in the new card after I run it. Cuz I didnt and it doesnt work at all now...errr, yeah. It wont boot in safe mood or anything now...

Ste said:
Thats messed up. Run a windows Repair with the new card then see if you can get in and install the new driver.

How do I go about running a windows repair!?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom