Problems with my 6600 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnico88

In Runtime
So I had my 6600 GT for a while playing games on full res with no problem. Until I got Age of Empires III. This game has so many shaders and polygons but my graphic card can still handle them. Exept one thing: HEAT. It heats up in 20-25 minutes and the game just freeezes. I tried addiing more fans to the graphic card and throughout the case, and my CPU satys cool. I just don't know how to cool down my graphic card. Any thoughts and support much appreciated.

Might be a bad Heatsink. As long as the fans are positioned correctly and the power supply can handle it, It should cool it down.

strange if its a heat related problem, it only started when u played age of empires 3. Does ur card have a sensor? If so what r ur temps while playing the game? Could be a bad contact between ur heatsink and GPU.

Andyroo08 said:
strange if its a heat related problem, it only started when u played age of empires 3. Does ur card have a sensor? If so what r ur temps while playing the game? Could be a bad contact between ur heatsink and GPU.

yes is only during AOE III and no my graphic card doesn't have a sensor so I can't read the temps. But when I touch it is really really hot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom