Problems with graphic card.

Rinsler

Solid State Member
Hi everyone, I am new to this, so I'm not really experienced or anything, it might be a stupid question...but what can i do :)...so, onto the problem...

My current configuration is:
Intel Core 2 4400 @ 2GHz
Foxconn VIA PT890 Motherboard
RAM: 2GB DDR2
HDD 250GB
Ati Radeon x1550 Series

Recently i bought new graphic card "AMD Radeon 7750 Powercolor 1GB GDDR5 128bit". Since it requires minimum of 400W of power supply, i also bought new PSU "Codegen 400W".

I followed the instructions that came with the graphic card, which means, unplugging all the wires from the case, opening the case, taking the graphic card out of the PCIE socket, placing the new graphic card on the same place (i made sure it fits good as recommended). Plugging the wires back on, start the PC. The fan on the processor works, the fan on graphic card spins also, but I'm not receiving output on the monitor.
It just says that there is no signal. I checked the wires, made sure everything is plugged in the right place. Also, I uninstalled drivers from previous graphic card and checked if the new graphic card is compatible with the PCIE slot version (PCIE 1.0 x16).

I really dont see whats the problem here, can anyone at least make a suggestion of what can the problem be? Maybe there is a conflict with MB? Processor? RAM?, that I dont know of. Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated :)

Check in BIOS and see if the PCIe slot got disabled and re enable it. First place i would look.
That is if your comfortable looking around in your BIOS.

Try your old card again and if it works I would return the new one for exchange.

Does your graphics card require a power source of some sort? Or is it plug-and-play?

I dont think so, at least i cant see anything to plug the power into. Is there a way to find that out by checking specifications?? I found the card on the internet but i cant see if anywhere is required additional power. Can anyone who knows that check it for me?

The graphic card is: AMD Radeon 7750 Powercolor 1GB GDDR5 128bit

The link to the official page for this card is:
PowerColor Official Website - Graphics, Cases, Power Supply -- PowerColor HD7750 1GB GDDR5

It does not.

Does your old card still work when you put it back in?
Do you have HDD activity even when you have "no signal" on the monitor? You can hear the drive crunching away if it's trying to load the OS. If you can hear this, wait a while and see if Windows still boots. Have your speakers on to see if it does. If it does and you get no picture it could be just the connection you're using out of the back of the card.

My old graphic works perfectly, i'm still on the old one.
I've tried that just now, there is a HDD activity, it is doing something but its not loading the OS. I hear no "welcoming" sound, and my keyboard (Logitech G15) illuminates when the OS is loaded but at this point, it doesnt. What can it be?? :(

Back
Top Bottom