problems with comp...help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattk1045

In Runtime
Hey all,

My GF comp is acting up. It shuts down on its own and when she trys to run the repair it also shuts down.
I am not sure what the problem is since I can't get any info. Her comp is an emachine with a amd sempron CPU.
Has this happened to anyone before? Any info would help me fix the problem. Thanks

Sounds like what my emachine originally was. (spec wise)

Is it the W3107?

Is it using the k8mc mobo?
Those are absolute garbage so that would be my first guess.
otherwise...

Sounds like overheating. How old is that thermal paste? How long does it last till it shuts down?
In the bios what is the automatic shutdown temp? Does it alarm before shutdown?

OR

Did you disconnect and reconnect everything?

Is it all cleaned up? (DUST)

Reset the bios?

That should keep you busy haha

Give us the model number.

If you can get into the BIOS, check the temps. It is possible the thermal paste has given up the ghost and letting the CPU overheat.

You could also try running Memtest to see if the RAM is bad. Usually bad RAM will pull BSODs on you, but not always.

Geez... all the possibilities. PSU going out... mobo going out... and the list goes on.

Blow it out like Hero said, then check the BIOS temps and post back. We'll go from there.

The comp shuts off before windows even starts up. So I can't run any programs to check for errors. The comp otherwise is only 3 years old. It does not alarm before it shuts down. I will have her go into the BIOS and tell me what the temps are. That is if it stays on long enough
Thanks guys. I will have her clean it first. If that doesn't work I will start to work on the other problems.

I will get the model number and specs from her as well.

Ok just get that info and we'll continue on down the list because there are so many things that can be wrong it's kind of ridiculous.

Ok well its not the heat thing. Her comp is running hot but I was able to get into the BIOS and she will clean it. I think the problem is her HDD is corrupted. When she goes to start it it tells her to repair windows that a recent hardware change could have caused the problem. Since that is not it it has to be something else. When she tries to start windows normally it shuts down. She did the repair thing once but then it happened again 2 days later.

she does have the repair disk. I already told her to clean the case, and be careful around the mobo. Then use the recovery disk to reinstall windows. Who knows how long this will take her lol. I will post again when I got something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom