Problems booting from Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHNAPPS

Baseband Member
I know for a fact that the harddrive works because I tested it in a different laptop and it boots Windows XP fine. When the harddrive is in my compaq presario v2000, i get a BSOD 7B error code and the system reboots immediately. Through use of AVAST BART cd i was able to check the harddrive and it is being detected and free of errors. I have tried moving the harddrive jumpers, but nothing seems to work. Am I having mobo problems or do I not have the correct harddrive drivers? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Have you reinstalled XP? If you are able to boot with this drive on another PC that means that the hardware profile that XP has stored does not match the PC that it is in and would give you issues.

Which would require either a Repair install or a reinstall of Windows.

Bug Check 0x7B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

The error you are getting is a inaccessable boot device which could also point to the fact that the boot information on the drive does not match that of the system.

If this was used as a 2nd drive in another system and is now the only drive the boot information would be incorrect and would give you this problem.

More than likely you will need to do a repair install of XP to fix this.

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

When I put in the windows XP cd and boot from it it successfully scans the system. But when it gets to the setup screen the computer automatically shuts down. Any ideas on why it shuts down? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom