Problems booting after resolution change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monolithic

Beta member
So I sold my old computer to a friend at yesterday and she texts me the same day and says that it crashed when she tried "to make the icons smaller". I picked it up from her today and she proceeds to tell me that she and her boyfriend hooked up the computer via the blue VGA slot to their 61" flatscreen and proceeded to increase the resolution until it blue screened. Once I removed my face from my palm, I took it home and said I'd take a look. When I gave her this computer, I replaced my SATA with her old IDE.

Here are the system specs:
XP SP3
ATI Radeon X1600XT
AMD 3800+
Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe
1 GB RAM (2 x 512MB)
TT 550 Watt PSU
160 GB IDE

It won't boot in Safe Mode / Safe Mode w/ Networking / Normal Startup. I assume that this is because my puny little X1600XT can't run full resolution for a 61 inch monitor. I am writing this on the computer with my SATA hooked up so everything seems to be running fine. I can't access her IDE at all and says it's not formatted (http://imgur.com/ktAg3.jpg).

I don't know what's going on. Any help here is appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: Tried to enter Recovery only to receive Unmountable_Boot_Volume blue screen. I've fixed this problem before but it's been a while. I remember booting from a dvd....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom