Problems with an Asus CUV4X-C motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilgayne

Solid State Member
I have upgraded my computer with a CUV4X-C motherboard, I've installed it following the instructions in the manual, but when I power it on, it makes one long and two short beeps followed shortly after by an endless loop of high pitched short beeps. Nothing shows on the screen. I've tried several video cards and CPUs, as well as setting it in no jumper mode and inversely, changing the battery and checking the IDE cables but it makes no difference. Anyone knows what could possibly be wrong?

The error code sounds like two problems, 1 long beep follow by 2 short one means either video adapter is bad or is not seated properly. Also, check to ensure the monitor cable is connected properly. Then the endless loop of short beeps tells you to check for improperly seated or missing memory.

I've tried two agp cards and one pci and that didn't do any difference. I suspect that might only be the ram that doesn't works. I've put in some sticks of pc100 sdram, maybe my board doesn't support it. I'll try using a stick of pc133 when I get one...

nope! i bought and installed a brand new stick of 128mb pc133 and that didnt do a difference!! do you think my board is just, like, broken or something? after all, i did try everything i could think of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom