Problems with ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

sPlAtOiD

Fully Optimized
Two things.
First The raid setup wouldn't let me make the striped array bootable the option was grayed out.
Second The board is the pickiest board I've ever worked with.
I just bought two more 512 mem sticks that were listed in the motherboard book and they still wont work right. I can put them both in the B Slots but cant do Dual channel mem and cant put them in the A slots. I now have 3 sets of 512 chips and am getting tired of fighting with this piece. Any suggestions other than a stick of dynamite. Thanks

Oh and to top it off one of the Video cards just died after about one hour of use. OK i'm done.

Here's The specs. And I returned the first MOBO and got another. And the replacment card is coming soon. The power supply is fine but I still can only get the memory to work in the B slots.

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Video NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT (128 MB)
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+
Memory 1024 MB (DDR SDRAM)
LITE-ON CD-RW SOHR-5238S
LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1693S
NVIDIA STRIPE 223.58G
WDC AC22100H
Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Windows XP Pro

ok dude I am sorry to have heard about your dilehma and want you to know that I am working on a solution, a friend of mine has the same issue

I'm thinking that even though the book says that the Kingston ram i bought is compatible, that maybe it need to be corsair or something more expansive. Although I've never ran into such a problem before. Thanks for looking into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom