Problems with 8500GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HELPMEPLZ

Baseband Member
Hi,

I recently bought a 512mb Turbo Force Gigabyte 8500GT (i know smite me for the decision, read reviews after buying). But it clearly outperforms my old 7600GS by FPS in games, but the problem im having is that .. well lines are rarely smooth anymore and overall quality of pictures and graphics in and out of games is scratchy :/

As you can see in this BF2 screenshot on 1280x1024 resolution my fps never dropped low but look at the lines on the ship and the quality of the bars etc on the ship, its shocking!

LINK: http://chevtech.com/8500.JPG
Didn't post direct image due to size of image extending page limitations.

My question to you guys is, is that a result of the graphics card? the game? or the specs im running the game on or?? A similiar effect occurs on Counter-Strike Source now (on Everything max 1280x1024 CSS) And i noticed upon using this 8500GT over my 7600GS even my desktop icons are a little more scratchy and of less high quality ??

I have the latest 8x series drivers on the nVidia site and have the card OC'd to 700mhz clock and 510mhz memory, but this issue was around before i started overclocking.

turn on anti-aliasing...

make sure in the nvidia control panel your 3d settings are set for quality not performance

anti-aliasing... (it affects lining and such) like commandercup said.. and prepare to have your games to drop in quality....

anti-aliasing... (it affects lining and such) like commandercup said.. and prepare to have your games to drop in quality....

do you mean drop in FPS? anti-aliasing smoothes out lines and edges reducing visual tearing and such so everything looks nice and clean cut rather then scratcthy, FPS will take a hit in most cases

do you mean drop in FPS? anti-aliasing smoothes out lines and edges reducing visual tearing and such so everything looks nice and clean cut rather then scratcthy, FPS will take a hit in most cases

ya actually... thats what i get for typing wrong... lol... ya plus he said at the beginning "it clearly outperforms my old 7600GS by FPS in games" but my point is it won't anymore...

ya actually... thats what i get for typing wrong... lol... ya plus he said at the beginning "it clearly outperforms my old 7600GS by FPS in games" but my point is it won't anymore...

why is it with my old 7600GS i never used AA and my lines were smooth now with 8500GT lines are shithouse unless i use AA?

there is usualy an in game AA setting
if not then it will be in the nvidia control pannel

KK fixed it, i found by using the in-game AA/AF settings it just made the game choppy and didnt really affect lines n etc but dropped my FPS a lot :S

Used the nvidia control panel setting for AA/AF and put it on 16XAA and 8XAF and i glide through games with no graphical problems and better fps than my 7600GS, happy in general but **** i can't wait for my 8800GTS to arrive :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom