Problematic soundblaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hawk12online

I am having some trouble with my Soundblaster. I had it working and now it has suddenly stopped working. I haven't done anything to change it, I haven't opened the case - so can't work out what is wrong.

Here is the print screen of the device manager.

prtscreengq8.png

Any help appreciated. Thanks :D

Update: Troubleshooting doesn't help at all.

Well the first thing to rule out are the drivers. Did you uninstall and reinstall the drivers? Drivers can get corrupted without the user doing or changing anything. Then try reseating the card in the slot if that doesn't work. Just the first two things I would try.

Hmmm, what do you mean when you say re-install drivers. It doesn't seem to give me the option. It gives me the option to reinstall the entire SoundBlaster, but I don't see an option to just re-install drivers. I have re-installed the device and still the problem persists.

As for point 2, there is no card on the mobo. I suppose that means that the sound blaster must be integrated. The only thing that is currently slotted into my mobo is RAM.

Thanx

Edit: Any ideas?

install everest to name or take your computer apart to look at the true chipset. install the right driver

so i'm just going to assume that it's integrated sound blaster not a pci card so if possible download new drivers from mobo manufactures website

Propblem solved, took PC apart - something must have been out of place. Have re-assembled system and all works now.

Thanks for help. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom