Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecody

Beta member
To start of here is the info on my system:

Sound card - Vinyl AC`97 6ch audio
(spec from abit- VT6106: 6-ch Audio on board with digital S/PDIF output)
Driver - Vinyl AC`97 Codec Combo Driver (WDM)
CPU - AMD Sempron 2600+
1833MHz <-is this the right speed for my processor?
Motherboard - ABIT VA-10
Chipset - Via KM400/VT8235
Video card - Nvidia GeForce 7800 GS
RAM - 512 MB 166MHz
Operating System - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP2
VIA 4in1 Hyperion driver version - 5.09A ??? not sure
Speakers - Creative 4.1 Inspire

I can't get my mic to work with the mic input jack, and I can not get the speakers to work the way they should - personally i think that the updated drivers don't support the hardware correctly. No matter what speaker configuration I try in the Vinyl Audiodeck program I can't get both speakers to output, and have the mic work at the same time (the mic works fine in other computers). Here is an image of the back panel.
va-11_backpanel.jpg

As you can see I have 5 standard audio conections, and 1 S/PDIF output. However the Vinyl Program only sees three of these inputs. Shown here -
vinyl2yb.jpg

I have tried re-installing the driver with the new drivers from both VIA and ABIT and the original drivers, each time I've ran drivercleaner to make sure that the other drivers were completely removed. Ive upgraded my BIOS. I've tested the outputs with a volt meter and they are working. I have cleaned them to make sure dust isn't interfearing. They aren't loose. As far as I can tell there isn't a setting in BIOS to make a difference. I've even tried using the realtek drivers. None of this has worked and I am out of ideas...

So if anyone has anythoughts on the issue it will be greatly appreciated. I have noticed that this seems to be a common problem people are having, over 25 post about it just on this site. None of them with the VT8235 chipset have found solutions as fas as I can tell. So I know I'm not just going crazy :) My next step is a fresh install of windows, and if it works then I'm going to try and see exactly where the problem starts at and I will let everyone know what I find.

So please help me if you have a solution.

For starters try using the default mixer menu not the via one. If you don't see the little black speaker in the taskbar then go to control panel and audio devices and click show speaker icon in the taskbar. Double click it, then select options (top left) and properties then put a select box beside all options and you should see all your jacks. The via program is auto sensing. Go back to options (top left) and select advanced. If an advanced button now appears on the mic slider then click it and select mic booast (make sure front/alternate mic isn't selected) Only one mic slot will work at a time. Un mute the mic slider and see if you can hear yourself. now the speakers

Have you checked the speakers on another computer? Even if you have an mp3 player try plugging the speakers to that. If you plug the speakers into another computer/or mp3 player and they both work then there's something wrong with the onboard sound. Dude buy yourself a nice sound card like even an audidy 2 would blow that out of the water. I have 8.1 channel the newest realtek ac97 and I don't use it. There is no replacement for a good sound card.

Thanks, I tried all that you have suggested, and it did not work either.
The speakers work on a laptop of mine, with surround. lol

I think there is definately a problem with the drivers.

Well I don't have the money now to buy a new card but when I do I guess its the only real option.

Thanks again.

If you have any other thoughts on the problem I would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom