Problem with usb ports and removable devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorSanta

Beta member
Hello, thanks for reading this and trying to help.

I'm trying to repair a pc and i'm having problems with the usb ports.

This is what it does:

1. I plug in some devices, like my LG cell phone, and it works perfectly, recognizing it as a removable device, always without a problem.

2. I plug in my MP4 (Philips GoGear 2 GB), and nothing happens. It should establish a connection, and the mp4's screen should light up, but neither of this happens. It just remains turned off.

3. I plug in another device, a Motorola cell phone, and it connects... and then it looses the connection... and then it lights up again... then it falls... etc. Sometimes it stays and it`s recognized as a removable device, sometimes it goes up and down.

Since the pc also had another problems, I formatted it, installed XP SP3 with a valid serial key, drivers, etc.

Now all the software problems had been solved, but the usb ports connection keeps doing the same thing.

I have a laptop and another desktop pc, which have the same OS than the pc with the problem I'm writing about. All the removable devices work perfectly on both of them.

What's happening? Hardware, Software? Should i replace the usb ports, install a pci card with additional ports, or what the **** should I do???

The motherboard I'm talking about is a PcChips P21G v3.1

Help!!! Thanks!!!!

DoctorSanta

Are you plugging these devices in using the same USB port? Many USB hubs aren't compatible with all devices. Try plugging them in the same port that your LG phone works in. As for your MP3 player it may need drivers before it works with your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom