Problem with Speakers/Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clumzydeath

Beta member
Initially i looked up a way to use both Speakers and a headset at the same time without having to unplug and plug them in each time i wanted to switch. The first and quite popular answer i got was to use some sort of Y connector.

After searching some more i was able to find another answer which was to put in the speakers into the Green jack and put the headset into the Orange jack (for audio with mic in pink ofc).

This worked brilliantly.

Problem now is that, it is not working for me anymore, kinda...

So the speakers in the green jack work but the headset audio wont work at the same time..... BUT i downloaded Realtek HD Audio Manager just to try and fiddle with stuff (not that good with settings and advanced user stuff but thought id mess around with some simple things), and i found out that when i did the AUTO TEST, i was able to hear through my headset ... but JUST for the test and for no other time.

Firstly let me say that i have upgraded to Windows 7 64bit and added 4 Gb of RAM (total of 6now). Hopefully that might help.

So is it possible that anyone might no a solution? I will try and provide more information if necc. if asked. Thanks for the time and effort.

Well firstly i do not have a red port, only Green, Pink, Orange, Black , Blue, and Grey.
Also like i mentioned before, it does work and it Used to work so i dont quite understand what has changed to cause this problem.

(I understand i can use a splitter but i really want to see if i can bring it back to how it was before (when it worked!) before going to the splitter option).
Thanks

UPDATE:

Sorry for the Double post but this is a slightly major update for me :

Playing more with the Realtek HD audio settings, i checked the Disable Front Panel detection (fine because i dont use anything there (doesnt work i dont think)). After this i was able to hear out of the headset but it was verryy soft.

Next i went and checked Speaker Fill... Immediately i could hear normally out of my headset but only out of 1 "ear." Checking the settings it seemed that the Orange port was for the Center/Subwoofer speakers and the left "ear" corresponded to the Center Speaker while the Right was for the Subwoofer. If i ticked the Swap Center / Subwoofer Output it does just that and both ears swap so i can hear perfectly out of the right (Subwoofer) but not the left.

Amused and happy with the progression i tried plugging the headset into the Black jack (Rear Speakers). For this one the left rear was the left ear and right was right.

Tried it and for the Auto Test it worked perfectly but when i went to normal music/audio the sound WOULD come out of both sides BUT it would be heavily distorted. (Same problem with trying the Side speaker jack (Grey)).

So 2 ways to progress now would be to fix the distortion or to enable the Center/Subwoofer to work simultaneously or something like that (possible to compl. Disable the Center OR Subwoofer so audio comes to both ears?).

Thanks for all the help and hopefully we can solve it fully!

Umm, the front audio port on the front of your case, doesn't that disable the speakers when a headset is connected?

Why not? I thought the front audio port disables the speakers when a headset is connected.

Technically it will do that and realtek audio hd will pop and tell you when you plugged in a device wether it's speakers, mic or headser.

Chunzy if you redo the steps like you did it should do it again if not I'm guessing your onboard card doesn't like what your doing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom