problem with sound device...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dissident

Beta member
Today I re-installed Windows XP onto my Laptop, everything is pretty much fine except now I can't play any sound files like CD's or MP3's using any sound players. After some poking around my sound device seems to be missing or something wrong with it. I'm not computer savvy enough to understand what's going on, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Did you reinstall any sound drivers that came with your laptop? They might be on a CD that came with the laptop when you bought it.

i don't have the disc, but i was told i could get all those drivers online. i haven't been able to found where to get these specific sound drivers and the generic Windows Updates that the microsoft website gives don't seem to have what i need. does anyone know of a specific site where i could get the drivers?

You could look at your laptop manufacturer's site. That's where I would start. You could also look at the mobo manufacturer's site, if you know what it is.

Mobo means motherboard. It's the panel that has all your internet plug, sound, usb, audio, and video on it.

Could you give us the brand/model of the laptop so we can look for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom