Problem with Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phate

In Runtime
so heres my story:

my computer bluescreens when im not there, i restart it.

sound does not work. this has been a fairly common issue after i bluescreen. also when i start up after a bluescreen explorer.exe is hanged, not loading the start menu. i have to end it, and run a full screen program for a while, then minimize, and start explorer.exe up again to make it work.

but back to my problem.

the sound wont work.

it will play some system sounds (error message ding), but no music or game sounds or mics (TS)

heres what ive tried:
i tried dling both the update driver and the full driver, both said they couldnt detect my card on the system.
i tried disabling and re-enabling the card, that didnt work either.

any other ideas?

from the past when this has happened, restarting didnt change anything, and it ended up coming back, but i dont remember what i did.

so anyone have any ideas?

ok, update: by rolling back the driver, i have sound in ONE ear of my headphones. the speakers work fine, but the headphones only work in one ear. what gives?! i need the headphones for gaming.

its not my headphones. and now i dont have any sound.

they were working perfectly before my computer crashed, 100%, no problems. but now they wont play anything, earlier in only one ear.

windows help is no help, as always... ive tried 2 kinds of drivers, neither worked.... im really ****ed. this hasnt resolved itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom