Problem with slave drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtoTam

Solid State Member
Connected an old IBM 20 gig hd to my current pc, via slave, but in My Computer displays it as being 1.96 gigs instead of 20. What can be the problem? Did I mess up on the jumper sertup? Thanks.

My computers system is ntfs, the slave is fat32, os is xp, motherboard dunno, its not a partition.

well FAT32 shouldn't be the problem. i need to know how old the pc is and what size the working hdd is. so you are sure that it hasn't just been partitioned to 1.96gb? its not the jumper setting unless the drive has a "limit capacity" jumper you messed with. but those were mostly for drives larger than 32gb to limit them to 32gb.

pc is pretty new, bought it two years ago, the working hd is 160 gigs. sure about the partitioning, athough if i am worng is there a way to check? what would be the right way to position the jumpers? a simple drawing would help otu, thanks a lto.

Usually, on the harddrive it says what pins to put the jumpers on to set it to a certain setting. Plus different hard drives have different configurations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom