Problem setting up dvd burner. Please Help. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2006, 12:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Problem setting up dvd burner. Please Help.

I have a liteon dvdrom and had a liteon cd-rw which I wanted to replace with a benq 1655 dvd-rw drive. When I had both the liteon drives hooked up they both worked fine with the dvdrom as the sec master and cd-rw as the sec slave. Now though after I replaced the liteon cd-rw with the benq dvd-rw I cant get the benq dvd-rw and the liteon dvd-rom drives to work at the same time. If I have them both hooked up neither drive works. If I unplug the liteon dvdrom than the benq dvd-rw will work and vice versa. I cant get them to work at the same time though. Its set up just like before with the dvdrom as master and the dvd-rw as slave. I dont know what the problem is. Somebody please help.

Old 03-11-2006, 06:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Ok I dont need help anymore I fixed it. I set the dvd-rw jumper to master and now they both work. I guess the dvd-rom was actually set to slave and so was the dvd-rw.
Closed Thread