Problem with Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkon

Beta member
Hello,
I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with a problem I have.

I have just brought a server with the intention of using it to run a Enemy territory game server be every time I go to start enemy territory it restarts the computer.

Asus P3C-S motherboard
it has a raiser board for ram from rdram to sdram of which it has 396mb installed
1x scsi cd-rom
1x ide cd-rom
3x ide hard drives
1x scsi hard drive
1x soundblaster sound card pci es1371
1x geforce mx440 64mb graphic card
pentuim 3 667mhz cpu
winxp sp2

The game enemy territory goes to load gets to a point of reckonizing the cpu in the game software the reboots the computer.
Can anyone give me any ideas of what causing it to did it have never had any problems with this game to work on lots of other computers of less specs.

Regards
Arkon

do some memory tests, It's always in the same place it reboots? could try re-installing the game. Did you install windows or did it come installed? check system requirements for the game also.

Thanks for the reply
The game specs are ok for this system.
The system reboots at the same point.
I have reinstalled the game a couple of times and on different hard drives.
The memory checks out o.k
I installed windows with a clean install.
I have uninstalled the video card drives and re started the game are it load further then got an error saying no opengl drivers and game closed .
So I would think it has something to do with the video card drivers .
I have also tried an older version of drivers but still the same.
This game is one of the easiest to install usually.
I'm going to unstall Win Xp sp2 and try Win Me to see if it works that way.
Once again thank you for your help.
Anyone else have any input to this
Cheers

word of advice, win me might make it worse. I don't have much experience with opengl, but make sure you have the latest version installed and stuff like that. That system may have lag issues running xp sp2, but you could try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom