Problem with RAID and Lite-on DVD Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

digital_ninja2k

Baseband Member
I recently installed a LITE-ON 20x DVD writer with Lightscribe (Model #: LH-20A1L06C). When I installed it and reboot my system it loads up fine until after the Windows XP load screen at which time I get a very breif flash of a blue screen and the system immediately restarts.

Three years ago, when I built my system, I installed my first SATA hard drive. In order to get the drive to show up at all I was forced to put the Motherboard disc into another PC and use a the program on the disk to make a boot disk.

When I couldn't get the drive to work I called the DVD drive manufacturer's technical support and the two of us together were unable to figure out how to disable the RAID in the BIOS (I have an ASUS K8V-X motherboard). When I tried to contact the motherboard manufacturer's technical support and was informed that the number had been disconnected.

I was able to wrest from the DVD manufacturer's tech support consultant that I need to some how manage to disable the RAID. I don't know how to do this and I'm hugely stuck. I'm also afraid that this is going to kill my hard drive, which does me know good. Apparently there is something about the DVD drive's RAID controller that is conflicting with that of my Hard Drive's. Is there some way that I can disable the RAID for the Hard Drive but disable it for the DVD Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom