problem-not sure where2put this

Status
Not open for further replies.

loopy111

Beta member
sorry if this is posted in the wrong place?

hi im new and in no way good with computers
however i have a little problem and need some help :/
this is legitimate though it might not seem it.
besically I have user accounts on my computer. when i reset my computer i reset it to a time before i had my account. now when i try and access my documents it says that im not that person. VERY ANNOYING!!! its not at start up so it doesnt allow me to enter the password or ask me for it. iv tried it in safe mode and it denies me. not sure why i thought that might work?
iv recreated my account with the same password but it still denies me.
i even had a go through comand prompt and it wouldnt let me in.

so (and imagine me on my knees sobbing) doe anybody know the **** i get in my own damned documents. lol.

have you looked at c:\documents and settings\"YOUR OLD USER NAME" there could be a couple different ones based on your name since you created a new one. Then you can look at my documents in there to locate your old files. Have you done a search for an old file you know the exact name of?

first of all thanx. yes its an account on the same computer and it wont let me into the folders under the old name. thanx for ur suggestions. keep em coming tho. lol. the problem is the admin cant give me access over an account that no longer exists. why it remmbers it enough to say i dont have access is beyond me. maybe i could do something through the registry if anyone knows how? iv got most of the documents off using a undelete program but now i hav two of everything. i just wnt to be able to access or delete the folder :/ anyone?

oh and also the takeown command doesnt work on my cmd? i think its coz i got the windows media edition. my current account is set as administrator so surely i should be able to access the folder anyway? maybe something went wrong when it was set back to before the account existed and theres simply no hope at all

You will most likely have to use a Linux LiveCD like Ubuntu. There is no reason for hte problem you are having and no real explination on how to fix it.

The takedown command should work. Media Edition? That is just a part of Windows. Windows XP MCE is just Windows XP Pro with Media Center. Vista editions Home Premium and Ultimate have it as well.

But you should still be able to do the commands easily. Are you sure your account has admin rights? Cause there is no reason why you cant sue that command.

yea i do hav admin rights. dont know why it wont accept it then. says it doesn't recognise the command. il try that linux thing tho. thanx for the help :D. think my computers just screwed up the folder a little when it was put back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom