Problem with new processor - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2006, 03:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Problem with new processor

I've just installed Intel p4 3.2 on my pc, upgrade from 2.4. The problem I'm having is blank screen or monitor is not becoming active like previously. I am using Asus p4c800 mobo, and it is supposed to be compatible with 3.2ghz processor. When it wasn't working, I put back the old chip. It ran just like it did before after that.

I bought the processor on ebay (appears new). It may be defective processor, but I wouldn't know for certain. I hope it's not though.

Asus p4c800 deluxe
nVidia ti4200
Kingston 3200 DDR 1gb
7200 rpm hd 40gb

Old 02-05-2006, 04:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

could be a power issue. but i doubt it because the power consumption shouldnt be that much greater. first the obvious: you haven't accidentally shifted any of your video hardware i.e. card or cable? ram seated properly? HSF attached correctly with thermal paste? you could try installing the new cpu then resetting cmos but i don't think that will help much.
Visit my website -
"Guitar is cool. If you donít think the guitar is cool, then youíre stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Closed Thread