Problem with my Video Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau24

Solid State Member
Hi.

I recently purchased a BFG 7600GS OC 512DDR2 card. However I am having trouble getting my system to detect the card.

I removed my old card which was an ATI x1600, and re-formatted. Yet Windows XP will not detect it. I have checked and double checked to see if it is plugged in correctly, which it is. When I plug in my old card , it will detect automatically. It says the minimum power supply needed is 350w though I have a 400, so I dont think thats the problem.

My system meets the requirements to run this type of card.

Any help would be much appreciated.

If you have an agp card, I think it will require external power from the power supply.

Yes it does, the external power cable is plugged into it. If it means anything, the fan is spinning and it seems to be running fine.

Can you even see anything on your monitor or it just won't show up when windows load up?

No, when my video cable is plugged into the card, the monitor stays on standby. When I take my cable and plug it back into my motherboard the display comes up.

It sounds like you also have integrated video, try disableing it from the bios and then try out your video card.

Might be a conflict between the two.

Hmm I cant seem to find any sort of option in my BIOS to disable any type of Intergrated or Onboard Graphics.

Personally I am out of ideas.

Does your power supply have enough amps on the 12V rail?
It says:

"A minimum 350W system power supply (with 12V current rating of 20A or more)"

Hmm ok, the side of my power supply says:

Output:400W

+12V 17A MAX.

Could this be the problem?

hmmm.. there is option in bios Onboard grphics.. DISABLE THAT..also DECREASE UR ONBOADGRAPHIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom