Problem with my hardware responding to my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl133

Beta member
Hi, i am seeking some advice as to what to do here please.

Basically i think there is a problem with my computer. I don't claim to know much about them but there is something wrong with my motherboard or an interference that is stopping my hardware responding.

When i turn my computer on, i hear the first "click" noise, which means it has been turned on, but then on the second click, Where all my mouse, keyboard, webcam, monitor ect; lights normally come on, nothing happens.

My monitor stays on standby, my mouse laser doesnt light up, my num lock/caps lock lights on the keyboard don't turn on. I have tried turning if off and on multiple times, i have took the case of and made sure all wires are connected (Didnt want to go any further as i dont know much about it and would probably destroy it :p). But alas, the problem remains.

I was wondering if any of you have had the same problem, and if so, how did you solve it?

Thanks in advance, carl.

ok first thing to try is clearing CMOS. turn off the power, take out the power cord, remove the CMOS battery for about 10 seconds, replace battery, return power.
other possiblities are
1. the psu is blown
2. the motherboard has fried itself

So first you might want to try replacing the psu. If that doesnt work, you can safely assume its the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom