Problem with my DVD buner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silmarilion

Beta member
I am borrowing a DVD burner from a friend. It is an external USB Lite-On DVD/RW SOHW-1633SX. I got it to work once, so I know I can get it to work again. I try to get the drivers for it off the Main site here, but they are not available for this model anymore. I tried to google the drivers and all I get is Firmware and stuff that I dont want, all I want is for my PC to recognize that it is a DVD burner and not a "CD Drive."
The first time I got it to work I didn't do much, I just downloaded the Windows 98 version drivers for the "SOHW-1633S" and "SOHW-1633SX" (mine) models. I have Windows XP Professional, but that was the closest thing I could find and I didn't think it would hurt to try. So I downloaded them and when the "Install New Hardware" wizard came up, I got it to search through the downloaded files for drivers, and it did. 15 Minutes later all of a sudden my PC recognized it was a DVD Burner and not a CD Drive. It worked...
But now it will not work no matter what I do to it.
The Drivers that the drive is using now (and the "provider" in parenthesis) are:
cdrom.sys (Microsoft Corporation)
drvmcdb.sys (Sonic Solutions)
pfc.sys (Padus Inc.)
PxHelp20.sys (Sonic Solutions)
redbook.sys (Microsoft Corporation)
sscdbhk5.sys (Sonic Solutions)

I got that by right-clicking the drive, clicking the Hardware tab, clicking the drive that I am trying to get to work, clicking Properties, click the Driver tab, then Driver details.
Does anyone know what drivers I need and WHERE I can get them? Or maybe the problem isn't with the drivers, can anyone help me there?
It is strange that when I try to uninstall "The Driver" it uninstalls the whole device. And when I try to Roll-Back the driver, it says that no files were backed up. Also, I noticed that my PC recognizes the drive as a "LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S USB CdRom" (In My Computer it is just "CD Drive (F: )") Notice that it is missing the "X" in the model name, so my PC thinks it is the wrong model (or is just 1 letter off). Also, there is "DVDRW" in the device name, but it still doesnt recognize what it is.

Can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom