Problem with motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

nshively

Beta member
Ok here is my problem.
I just purchased a motherboard through neweggMSI Computer Corp. - Product.
I installed one of my 2 sticks of CT2KIT25664AA667 - 4GB kit (2GBx2), 240-pin DIMM , DDR2 PC2-5300 from Crucial.com
The only thing I Changed in my BIOS is the boot priority to DVD drive so i could install Windows XP.
I Then put in my XP home edition CD(pre-service packs) and it loads all the drivers before the installation. But once its gets to the part where its going to ask you if you want to install windows XP, I get a BSOD. The Stop code is pci.sys and followed by 0x0000007E.
So I looked it up online and I tried using a newer XP disk with service pack 3, this only then gave me a different error code. I now got a Stop code of 0x0000007B. I am using the onboard video card until i install windows. I know my ram works fine in my other computers motherboard which is almost exactly the same MSI Computer Corp. - Product. The CPU (Core 2 Duo E6300)worked on my old motherboard(I just upgraded to a faster Dual Core 8500 for my main computer). The hard drive has been formated with my main computer prior to the instillation (it was my old slave so i know its not bad). The only guess i got is that my ram might not be compatible with the new board or Bios. Please give me some ideas and I'm looking for cheap cause I'm making this as a spare computer. Thanks

I am only using one stick currently and I tried switching ram slots but that did not help either. I also tried some cheap memory I had in my old computer(also DDr2 667 pc5300 memory) but then it would not even boot up.

Thanks again for the quick help. I tried removing the motherboard and power supply from the case and it still gave me same errors. It gets right to the part where its starts windows in the setup and then it fails. Any more ideas, i will keep trying them.

I think i did bone myself at least i was using spare Ram so it didn't cost me anything. But now i went and bought 2x1gb sticks of PNY ram. Thanks again for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom