Problem with monitor when logging off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varren

Beta member
On my computer (I'm running Windows XP) There are 3 user accounts: me, my mom, and my dad. Whenever I log off my dad or my mom's account so that it won't slow me down when I go on mine, the screen blacks out and a window appears that says: No Signal. Then the green light on the side of the monitor that indicates that it is on, turns orange. Usually it only turns orange when I shut down the computer and leave the monitor on. And I've tried turning the monitor off and on a couple times, but that didn't do anything, so I'm forced to manually shut down and start up the computer.

What is going on here and what can/should I do to fix this?

I'm guessing that somebody messed with your account, and changed the screen resolution or refresh rate. Temporarily create a new account, and see if the monitor responds.

Green light = On/Working
Orange light = Standby/No Signal

I created a new account, went on it, logged off, and everything was fine. Then I went on my mom's and logged off and it went fine too.

If it helps, my monitor is a 17" LCD screen and I'm running it at 1280x1024 at a 60 Hz refresh rate.

Somebody changed your refresh rate and screen resolution on your account.

I'm curious to see what other people say about this, because i'm stumped.

Well I guess that nobody here has any more solid help for me, but I will still listen to every bit of advice I'm given. I asked several other places and one suggestion was to do a repair install of windows. Another said to check to see if I had the correct drivers installed for my monitor? Can anyone build on these suggestions and/or inform me of whether they will help or not?

It's the refresh rate and resolution. The best and quickest way to get rid of it is to delete your account and create a new one. just go into the explorer, and move your accounts icons into the all users for the time being... then move them when you create your new account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom