Problem with a Mic..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Right well i apologise for the lack of detail here, it's 12:15am and my mum is asleep, she knows nothing about computers but the mic was bought for her comp by a friend, i can't find any CDs containing software for it or the box, i assume the box is in her room...

The problem is simple, it isn't working.:p Me and a friend want to use it on Windows Messenger and so we plugged it in to the computer. It is a headset with a mic, and so has two wires to plug in, i assume one for the mic and one for receiving sound. One has a pink end to it and the other is black, we plugged them in to two ports, pink into pink ,black into black so it should be ok. Windows Vista 64-bit hasn't said anything about finding new hardware/device and as you guys know if anything happens, Vista is gonna tell you about it and ask whether it's a terrorist invasion.:p

So can anyone think of any reason it hasn't been picked up by the computer and isn't working( we tried clicking record on Windows Messenger and speaking through it, nothing happened"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom