Problem? Or maybe not a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

*|EFU|*pcgamer

Solid State Member
Ok i just bought these 2 products for my gaming computer that im building.

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7T-6GBPK

Anyway, they just came in like.. 20 minutes ago and right when i opened the box with the RAM in it i noticed that it said, "For Intel Core i7 CPUs" as you can see i ordered an AMD CPU.. :stare:

Help me out please! :D

You bought the wrong kit. Right now you can only use (2) sticks and still run in dual channel mode. If you use all (3) sticks you'll drop down to single channel mode which give you more memory but it will perform much slower. If you want to use the 3rd stick you need to buy a (4th) single stick of DDR3 1333 that has the same timings (7-7-7-18). Looking at Newegg I don't see any single 2GB sticks of G.Skill that matches, but this Kingston is pretty close and it would probably work.
Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model KHX1333C7D3/2G

Ok but i have another problem also.. I bought the GA-880GMA-UD2H motherboard, For some reason i just decided to buy stuff without looking at any compatibility charts..

G.SKILL-Products

That doesnt list my motherboard.
I have the GA-880GMA-UD2H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom