Problem, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslave

Banned
Since no one responded to my other thread, I will post a new one with more appropriate information.

Problem : My computer will lock up whenever I go into a game and try to play, two examples so far : Counter strike and Battlefield 2.

Now this is what I find odd, Since I didn't exactly build my computer, I picked out the parts and had a tech in the city build it, anyways here are some wierd things I found.

1) I have dual channel ddr400 ram, but in the boot up, black screen with white text, it says single channel and ddr333, I don't get it.

2) When I go into BIOS and look at my CPU clocks etc, at the bottom are a few things about memory voltage, and it's flashing red and states " dangerous, could cause system failure" The thing I dont understand if this means that my system is already messed up, or if I acess that it will be messed up. The voltage is at 2.7 V on my RAM.

Here are my specs:

MSI K8N Neo 4
2 X 512 MB corsair value ram
MSI 6600GT
Seagate 120 Gig SATA
AMD athelon 64 3200+
450 W Raidmax PSU, came with case. ( I know it's not the best but I couldn't get my parents to squeeze out any extra money for a better one, and I was already out of money paying for most of the computer)

Help would be great, if I don't get it by tommorrow at noon, I will be calling the guy who build it, but I really don't want to go through the hassle if you guys can help me sooner.

-powerslave

PowerSlave...
Check all your system voltages. The 2.7volt reading seems too low, plus you are getting a 'Warning' alert' about your memory voltage.
I would also verify your RAM memory cards are seated correctly.
With power 'OFF' take both out...... then put one(1) in at a time and then check your sys. voltages again.
If its not the memory cards/connector, I would say you have a
'Weak Power Supply".

Use PC Alert to monitor your sys. voltages......if its running.
John....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom