problem with GTX275 Coop - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to SirCyber
Default problem with GTX275 Coop

I have been running my graphics card for almost two years and now i am checking out things on it, the GTS250 is not running at all that i can tell. the article on it from evga is here: EVGA | Articles | EVGA GTX 275 Co-op PhysX i ran 3dmark and when i went back to precision GPU2 wasnt responsive. it shows up in cpuz, HWmonitor has it at a nice 45C, 275 is at 47C, nVidia Control Panel shows it but i dont know if its active or not, got a 3dmark score of 2501 3DMarks

****EDIT****
reinstalled drivers and gained a little in 3dmark but not much... 2520 now still way under par for this card. thinking of adding a 9600gtx to my rig to see how it will effect it... i need to know why my other gpu is idle all the time though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak213
Knowledge is power. Power is nothing if it is not shared.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Re: problem with GTX275 Coop

I really need some help with this one, my windows experience index is 3.9 with my graphics as my bottleneck, having some serious issues running low end games, having really serious issues just playing videos in youtube. as I said once before the drivers are all up to date that I can tell. is my graphics card dieing or needing replaced so soon? I don't know if some settings have been scrambled at some point or not, and I'm really up on the rocks with this. please help me

Quote:
Old 03-22-2012, 01:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

WEI means nothing.

I think that 275 is hurting you. It's totally last gen. Probably the reason why you can't play current games. AFAIK.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I used to be able to play current games with no problems. my 3D mark score is way lower than others with similar rigs, and the games I'm playing are years old, one of them being diablo 2. even diablo 2 lags when playing local machine not on battlenet. these issues should not be happening with a 275 coop. I don't know what is wrong but something is really wrong here and I don't know what it is.

Quote:
Old 03-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCyber View Post
I used to be able to play current games with no problems. my 3D mark score is way lower than others with similar rigs, and the games I'm playing are years old, one of them being diablo 2. even diablo 2 lags when playing local machine not on battlenet. these issues should not be happening with a 275 coop. I don't know what is wrong but something is really wrong here and I don't know what it is.
When was the last time you had your card looked at for dust or any dirt inbetween the metal fins and fan ?
Does your fan sound abit ackward and also do you think its about time it had some new thermal paste ?
If your card is still functional I'm sure it may need what I stated and to be tested in another system to see if you get the same results.

If you don't it would be a matter of cleaning up windows and fixing any errors.
If you game off and on like I do and use your pc quite abit, your card may slow down and act funny when its too fragmented.

Newegg.com - PNY VCGGTX550TVXPB GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Also if your needing a new card soon, that might be something to look into, also pny is pretty good for what they offer.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I posted my temperatures above, they are still well within the norm. fan is great, no dust in the card itself *I'm a clean freak when it comes to my pc... to the point I will take apart my powersupply to clean it* but haven't checked the thermal paste. I have run nearly everything I can think of to clean up my pc, no difference in 3dmark. the scores in 3dmark are directly proportional to real time performance. the games that I play range from Ultima online Classic client *i.e. the client that UO started with in 1997* to Dungeons and Dragons Online to Borderlands. I even have problems running Diablo 2. I am thinking that I may be losing memory sectors in the GDDR3. has anyone heard of this happening? what drivers aside from the card would play into performance? Northbridge? I'm thinking the card may just be dieing, in which case I will be upgrading to the GTX500 series card

Quote:
Old 03-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCyber View Post
I am thinking that I may be losing memory sectors in the GDDR3. has anyone heard of this happening? what drivers aside from the card would play into performance? Northbridge? I'm thinking the card may just be dieing, in which case I will be upgrading to the GTX500 series card
That maybe the best thing you can for now is just upgrade and move on, it served you well, but maybe the card has had it.
You did take it through alot of games based on your statements.

The only thing I'll leave you with is to find a way to stress test your gpu for a couple of hours and see whats really happening.
I dont think 3D mark testing will help out much on whats making your gpu act up fully.

Closed Thread