Problem With GeForce 6600 256mb Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolzo

Beta member
k so i bought a chaintech geforce 6600 256mb AGP graphics card a few weeks ago. when i installed everything and got the latest firmware thingy i wanted to play GTA San Andreas And Soldner. They worked fine at first but then they started to be all demented and have wierd texture lines flying across the screen of the game. it didnt do this for counter strike 1 and cz tho. so if u could please help me i will greatly appreciate it.

thx in advance:) (coolzo)

i hav installed the latest nVIDIA forceware and i hav also tried to reseat the graphics card. do u think it might be the physical card itself that is damaged???

thx for replying (coolzo)

sounds like its overheating or the firmware you updated it with isnt so great , from where exactly did you download the firmware? and was it for the exact card or same gpu but of other company? or you didnt update the firmware at all and you just saw on some site that its the latest? its unclear

ya the store that ordered it for me gave me an older graphics card and it works fine. so they are returning the geforce 6600 and getting a new one so ill see wat happens then.

thx 4 everything guys (coolzo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom