Problem with freinds computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

Baseband Member
My familys freind asked me to come and have a look at her computer because it would not turn on, i thought i would be able to solve it. but the problem is nothing comes up on the screen, so its definatly a hardware problem.

What happens is, when you turn on the computer, the floppy and 2 CD/DVD drives start working, but nothing comes up on the screen, and the mouse and the keyboard do not work. It beeps over and over again not stopping. I cant remember what the beeps were, this is form memory of a few days ago when i was around there, i think it may have been continueus short beeps, i dont recall hearing long beeps.

Ive tried switching the ram slot, with no luck and removing the cables going to the flopy drive. She has onoard graphics with 1 256mb RAM chip, swapping them with different ones is really out of the question as i dont have any to fit her PC and she doesnt.

Does anybody know whats wrong with the computer? Could it be the motherboard, as everything coming out of the motherboard to an exterior device does not work.

Hope somebody can help.

Thanks, Flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom