Problem on Flash frive and External Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunkie

Beta member
I have recently purchased a an external enclosure and I assembled it with a 20gb hard drive. It comes with its own power supply. I then used it with my Toshiba laptop and it worked perfectly.

My problem occurred when I tried to connect a 4-port USB hub on one of my laptop 3 USB ports. There is no vacant port on the pc so I have to use one (mouse, gamepad, one extra port I connected with USB hub). When the hub is in placed, I connect my pqi Flash drive, and it work fine. I connect now the external hard drive to the USB hub and that starts the problem. BSOD appears with the following errors:

Goback2k.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0x83000000, 0x00000000, 0xF852E20F)

(I have a Norton Go Back installed and AVG installed on my laptop.)

When I tried to reboot the pc and turn on the external hdrive, same thing happened. But when I reboot it again, now it won't boot to its OS. Fortunately, I was able to fix the booting system thru a Windows XP installer.

So my problem now are these:

1. Whenever I connect my flashdrive to my PC, an error pop up telling that there was I/O error. But when I connect the Fdrive to other PC, it works fine. I can't figure it out why the problem with my flash drive occurs only to my pc where the problem occurs, and I cannot use it anymore. I tried to format it but same problem again.(Its installer is for win 98 only). What will I do with this drive so I can use it again with my pc?

2. How can I use the external hard drive again? (By the way, few days ago, I lend it with my cousin and he told me that the he can't use it 'coz its already damaged. I suspect a BSOD appeared to his pc and that's the reason why I connect the ext drive to my pc, and the problem happens). Are there steps to follow so I can use it again because I don't want my money to get wasted.

I suspect the USB port hub, the GoBack program is the culprit. But I'm not sure. Please tell me.

Hope you all people out there could help me.

Thank you!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom