problem with external HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwintech

Beta member
Hi guys, just wonder anyone encounter the same problem as me. I bought a seagate 200GB and a casing three months ago. It served me well till last week. The HDD suddenly died. When i switch on the HDD it start reading. After few second it stopped. The Drive doesn't appear in my laptop. I tried it on several PC and laptop and it doesn't work as well. I took out the HDD n tried it on another casing but it doesn't worked as well. I also tried the casing on another HDD it works!! So, my first thought is the HDD died. However, i tried to plug my HDD onto the PC and it works. So, i don't know what happened? Anyone got any clue about it?

So you're saying the HDD doesn't work in that particular casing, but works when connected in the PC? I would say the casing has a problem, but then you said the casing worked on another HDD.

yes, that the problem. The casing works when i used it on another HDD but it doesn't work on my HDD. My HDD works on the PC. That why i confused with what happening. its really a weird problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom