problem with the EPU 6 engine in my P6T Deluxe - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Question problem with the EPU 6 engine in my P6T Deluxe

Hi,

I have had my new i7 build for about a week, and so far pretty much everything is running smoothly and I'm very happy with it.

When I installed all the utitilty programs of my motherboard (P6T Deluxe) I noticed the EPU6 engine does not recognize my graphics card.
My GPU is a Sapphire HD 4870, 1GB.
I looked that the Asus site, which has a list of the graphics cards supported by the EPU 6 engine : Graphics cards for EPU-6 Engine

It only had Asus ATI GPU's on the list but wouldn't the Sapphire GPU technically be identical?
Another thing: I can't find the 4870 1GB on the list either, only the 512MB or the 2GB version. But would that make a difference here at all?

Is it really just that my GPU is not supported by the EPU6 , or is there some problem with settings or something else that I could solve?

Thanks in advance!

Lars

Old 03-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

It looks to me like they are saying "ASUS ONLY" video cards are supported in the EPU6. Which is pretty stupid form a marketing stand point.

More research is likely needed to verify "ASUS ONLY"

Ok after looking around the web it seems that EPU6 is only supports ASUS video cards. What a friggin shame.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default Re: problem with the EPU 6 engine in my P6T Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAVOC View Post
It looks to me like they are saying "ASUS ONLY" video cards are supported in the EPU6. Which is pretty stupid form a marketing stand point.

More research is likely needed to verify "ASUS ONLY"

Ok after looking around the web it seems that EPU6 is only supports ASUS video cards. What a friggin shame.
Thanks !

Yes, I agree, that's a shame
Closed Thread