Problem with DVD player

Status
Not open for further replies.

sureshk256

Solid State Member
Hi friends
I have a problem with my DVD player (TEAC DVD-DL +/- Burner/player) on my computer. This is able to BURN both CDs and DVDs and able to play all original DVDs, All CDs ( original and burned), but it is NOT PLAYING( not even recognising) the DVDs which are BURNED ( whether it is on my PC or elsewhere on other PCs & notebooks). I am able to play the same burned DVDs ( even the ones which are burned on my PC) on other PCs.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Chenna

What software are you using to play the DVDs? If you're using Windows Media Player, make sure it has the appropriate updates/codecs installed. Trying installing divx (from www.download.com) and see if that works. I'm guessing its a software-compatibility issue.

Good luck

I am mostly using VLC player. But the problem is the system is not Recognising the DVD ( in my computer, where it usually shows the size and name of the DVD), if it is a burned one.

WHAT OS DO YOU HAVE CHENNA ?

When did this start ?

did you just remove a trial version of any type of cd dvd software ?

if you look at the cd in windows explorer what do you see ?

is this a notebook or a desktop pc.

Mine is a desktop PC with Windows XP. and I bought this from a friend of mine... it was fine for sometime( I remember I watched some burned DVDs on my PC) and then all this started...
I would check about the software and explorer thing when I go back home in the evening and let you know.
thank you very much for the response

OK

Also take a peak in devices , in harware tab, in the system folder in control panel...look for any red X or exclamation points

also try the dvd player in safe mode...reboot the pc and when you see the first glimmer of the pc coming back start taping the F8 key, you will get a menu , select safe mode.

also how is your pc running in general...slow, long time to boot or shutdown

may also be infected with viruses , trojans. spyware..this can cause symptoms you have also.

Sure
I will check it all as soon I go home
and in general my PC is running fine... and while booting also it hardly takes 30-40sec ( which I think b'coz of the number of programs that has to start along with when I start my computer)
and I am using Microsoft anti spyware...AVG antivirus system... and C-clean ( which will auromatically run everyday at sometime)

chenna

ok

those programs only deal with viruses AND you should never have more then one AV program running at the same time.

I have just tried to check it in control panel... and it is not copletely showing all the Icons fully ( i mean i can c some Icons and in all other there is a common structure) and within 2-3 seconds it is showing the
'' send error report''(Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.) which ultimately closing the control panel window.

Chenna

tractorboy said:
ok

those programs only deal with viruses AND you should never have more then one AV program running at the same time.

Microsoft Antispyware, as the name suggests, does not check for viruses.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom